Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Stripper Obsession

I certainly do not want to pretend I am an expert on this subject, but recently started noticing a personality trait that I wonder whether it is widespread amongst strippers;

Her life pretty much revolves around stipping much more than what I would consider "normal" for any employed person. Examples:
- Many conversations throughout the day starting with "I met this guy last night..."
- The need to workout, and then spend countless hours in front of the mirror looking for "fatty" areas that need to be focused on.
- No matter what we go shopping for there is the mandatory stop in several lingerie stores looking for the new outfit that could make her the extra money.
- Constant makeup experiments during the day, new hair styles, hair extentions, hair color.

I guess maybe some of these things would be very similar for anyone with a job as a model, actor, etc.

Over time this constant "obsession" has become another difficulty in our relationship. It is a double edged sword for me; on one hand I really want to know exactly what she is doing, but on the other hand I hate to hear it. After 3 years, still have not figured out how to reconcile this in my head...maybe I need 3 more years.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

haha - if only my stripper could make $1500 in one night.. !

now she is old and dont look anymore - so now what should she do?

well - before I left her, I taught her to make blogs and websites - maybe she will change her life - but its gonna be without me...